This sample document is for example use only. It contains placeholder fields which are customied to each client's specific activation and requirements.
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.videobooth2.tv (our site) and if applicable, the administration platform and / or participant platform (as the case may be) which are made available on our site from time to time (Platforms). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site and / or the Platforms.
www.videobooth2.tv is a site operated by Video Booth Systems Limited (we or us). We are a private limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 05411424 and we have our registered office and main trading address at Unit 8 Schooner Park, Schooner Court, Crossways, Dartford, DA2 6NW. Our VAT number is 858 3660 87.
You may use our site and / or the Platforms only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site or the Platforms:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree not to:
access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site or the Platforms;
- any equipment or network on which our site or the Platforms are stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site or the Platforms; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site and / or the Platforms, including, without limitation:
- If you are a registered user of the administration Platform and have been given access to moderation features, the ability to view, edit, download and disseminate content posted on that part of the Platform to which we have given you access;
- If you use the participant Platform, the ability to view any content you have posted on that Platform (which you can access using the unique URL we have provided to you), and to view content posted by others if you have been granted the requisite access in order to do so. You can also provide us with email address(es) for third parties you wish to share your content with, to enable us to email them a link to that content.
- If you use either Platform, the ability to share content with third party social media networks such as Twitter and Facebook.
- If you are a registered user of the administration Platform, the ability to filter and search content, and download reports.
In the course of using our interactive services, you may provide us with personal data (which means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified, whether that individual is you or another person). We will only process such personal data strictly in accordance with the terms of our privacy statement [LINK], and we strongly advise that you read this before you participate in any interactive services on our site. Please note that we are the data processor in relation to any personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us, and we act at all times on behalf of the data controller named in the privacy statement.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered.
Please note that we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site or the Platforms, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards (regardless of whether or not the service is in fact moderated). We do not carry out our own moderation, but our clients may do so or may engage a third party to do so on their behalf, and we exclude all liability in relation to any such moderation.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is strictly prohibited.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site and / or the Platforms (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it or them.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted (including but not limited to any data privacy or data protection laws).
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person or organisation, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Be made in breach of any applicable data privacy or data protection laws.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site, the Platforms, or any interactive service made available on our site or the Platforms. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site, the Platforms and / or any interactive service.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site, to the Platforms, or to any interactive service.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.